Cinegear 2017 is right around the corner!
Registration is now Open!
Stop by our booth on New York Street (#14) and say hello to the whole team!
Nofilmschool.com has another instructive lens test. This time, they compare the Cineovision, Angenieux Optimo, Kowa Prominar, Cooke, Vantage Hawk C-series, and Vantage Hawk V-lite Anamorphic lenses, using the Arri Alexa Mini & Red Weapon.
Overall, there’s an excellent description of common anamorphic properties, plus video from the tests; well worth your time to read in full.
Take a look at our full line of Anamorphic and Spherical lenses. And to schedule a test of your own, please call us at (818)563-2020 or email email@example.com for availability.
Chelsea Hernandez – Jr. Rental Agent
Chelsea is a Phoenix transplant and a USC Graduate.
She began her career in motion picture camera rentals in 2015, and is now one of our rising stars.
* * * * *
Kevin Branch – Camera Technician & Systems Engineer
Kevin has over twenty years experience as a camera and video technician within the broadcast and film industry. He’s a Dallas native and a long-standing craftsman across multiple mediums, including broadcast, commercial, and industrial productions.
Please click on our About page for more details on our team members!
Hey again fellow camera nerds!
The always insightful NoFilmSchool.com posted a great article that explores the dynamic range of two of The Industry’s biggest workhorses. Alexa Mini vs Red Epic-W Helium is well worth a read!
Congratulations to Apple, Happy Street Entertainment, and “The 411 with Mary J Blige” featuring Hillary Clinton.
HD Optics & Camera couldn’t be more proud to have provided our state of the art Arri Amira
Multicam Package for such an iconic moment.
HD Optics & Camera was excited to support RDP Productions & our friends at the Ultimate Arm in capturing some stunning footage of Jaguar’s new F-Type Coupe.
It sounds as good as it looks!
- Aperture: f/3.6 – T:4
- Zoom ratio: 2.7X
- Weight (approx.): 4.8lb -2.2kg
- Length: 210 mm
- MOD: 2’1’’ – 0.63m
• Exceptional optical performance, not previously achieved with an anamorphic zoom:
2x squeeze, no ramping or breathing, a fast aperture of T:4 exceptional sharpness and low distortion.
• For high-end film and digital cameras.
• Perfect homogeneity of colorimetry, contrast and resolution.
• Compact and very light (4.8 lbs- 2.2 kgs)
• Focus scale with over 50 witness marks for precise focus position. Easy interchangeable scale between imperial and metric
• Minimum image coverage of 28.8mm diagonal perfect of 4 perf scope film camera and S35 digital camera with 4/3 or 16/9 sensor type
• Available in PL mount, PV mount on request
• The flexibility of the zoom and the exceptional image performances of the 56-152 A-2S provide a new freedom of movement while shooting in anamorphic 2x squeeze mode
“PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR PRICING AND AVAILABILITY”