Cinegear 2017 is right around the corner!
Registration is now Open!
Stop by our booth on New York Street (#14) and say hello to the whole team!
Nofilmschool.com has another instructive lens test. This time, they compare the Cineovision, Angenieux Optimo, Kowa Prominar, Cooke, Vantage Hawk C-series, and Vantage Hawk V-lite Anamorphic lenses, using the Arri Alexa Mini & Red Weapon.
Overall, there’s an excellent description of common anamorphic properties, plus video from the tests; well worth your time to read in full.
Take a look at our full line of Anamorphic and Spherical lenses. And to schedule a test of your own, please call us at (818)563-2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Chelsea Hernandez – Jr. Rental Agent
Chelsea is a Phoenix transplant and a USC Graduate.
She began her career in motion picture camera rentals in 2015, and is now one of our rising stars.
* * * * *
Kevin Branch – Camera Technician & Systems Engineer
Kevin has over twenty years experience as a camera and video technician within the broadcast and film industry. He’s a Dallas native and a long-standing craftsman across multiple mediums, including broadcast, commercial, and industrial productions.
Please click on our About page for more details on our team members!
18-85mm & 75-400mm Fujinon Premiers are now in house and ready for your next project.
Trusted by Hollywood’s best Cinematographers for their unmatched clarity and precision in all situations.
Fast apertures from T2.0 to T2.8, covers Super 35, 4k and beyond.
Please call or email for a quote or demo!
Hey again fellow camera nerds!
The always insightful NoFilmSchool.com posted a great article that explores the dynamic range of two of The Industry’s biggest workhorses. Alexa Mini vs Red Epic-W Helium is well worth a read!
Congratulations to Apple, Happy Street Entertainment, and “The 411 with Mary J Blige” featuring Hillary Clinton.
HD Optics & Camera couldn’t be more proud to have provided our state of the art Arri Amira
Multicam Package for such an iconic moment.
We are seeking an experienced motion picture camera prep tech to fill a position at our Burbank, CA office. Please review the job description below and contact us if you believe you’re a qualified candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide memorable customer service to clients for each assigned rental job
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of cameras and associated equipment and supplies used in the film and digital rental industry
- Ensure that the appropriate equipment is pulled, organized, and fully operating for each rental job
- Coordinate with quality control to ensure that equipment is serviced and completed prior to the assigned preparation with the client
- Communicate effectively with the floor supervisor regarding equipment shortages required to complete a rental job
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge of professional film and digital camera equipment is a plus
- Lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Potential overtime required
Salary and Benefits
- Medical dental benefits
- Vacation, holiday, and sick pay
Interested in becoming a member of the HD Optics & Camera team? Please contact us if you’re a qualified candidate for our motion picture camera prep tech opportunity.